The Christian 12 Steps of Recovery
1. I admit that I am powerless over my Addictions, and that it has made my daily life unhappy and unmanageable.
2. I have come to believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and that He can restore my life to health and
3. I have made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of Christ today, and His will for me.
4. I will make a searching and fearless inward inventory of myself now, and throughout the day.
5. I will admit to the Lord and to myself and to another confidential person what I have done wrong today.
6. I will be willing and ready to have the Lord remove all my sins as the Holy Spirit convicts me.
7. I will humbly ask the Lord to forgive my sins and will forgive myself, even if I know I will repeat them.
8. I will make a list of all persons I have harmed and ask for their forgiveness.
9. I will make direct amends with those I have hurt, or with those who have hurt me, and practice Biblical
forgiveness, except when to do so could injure or hurt the other person.
10. I will keep my focus throughout the day and when I am wrong, I will promptly admit it.
11. I will seek through prayer, meditation, and surrender, to improve my conscious contact with the Lord, through
the day, praying for knowledge of God’s will for me, and the power to Carry that out.
12. As I am being spiritually and emotionally revived, as a result of these steps, I will try to carry this message to
other unhealthy people, and will practice these principles in my daily walk.